Jersey’s annual Christmas festival has opened its doors! The Fête dé Noué festival opened with a bang on 1st December, with Christmas markets, Christmas trees and lights throughout St. Helier all springing into action. Not put off by the heavy rain dogging parts
of town, there was even a festive fireworks display to round off the evening.
A Full Programme
The festival runs from Thursday 1st December – Sunday 11th December, with a whole host of Christmas-themed events and activities taking over St. Helier and the rest of Jersey. The hub of the festival is the Spirit of Christmas Market opposite Liberation Square, but there is so much more to do during the next ten days:
- Winter ‘wander’ land – including rural walks and the ‘Ghosts of Christmas past’ tour
- Evening Ghost Walks – Discover spooky tales from around the island
- Norman French Market – the Royal Square goes French as our Norman neighbours sell their fine foods and goods!
- Christmas Film Festival – all your festive favourites being shown at Jersey’s Arts Centre
- The spectacular Christmas Parade – festive floats and light parades take over St. Helier’s streets
- Annual Christmas Tree Festival – St. Peter’s churchyard hosts up to 70 Christmas trees
- Christmas Carols under the stars – Christmas carols lighten up the Royal Square in the heart of St. Helier
- Five gold horns – the Acapella Brass quintet play Christmas classics
- Oyster Opera – the sounds of opera line the streets