Quiet lanes and miles of cycle paths, ideal for a relaxing riding holiday.
Jersey is a cyclist's paradise. Island-wide networks of cycle paths, coattail routes and green lanes provide an ideal environment to explore on two wheels.
Take in the sights and sounds of the sand, sea and countryside as you cycle around Jersey. Our unique network of green lanes give priority to cyclists and pedestrians, with speed limits kept to only 15 mph. Jersey's dedicated cycle routes carve their way through the island, ensuring that you always have a route to take.
Zebra Cycle Hire
Over 400 bikes to hire, including children's bikes and trailers. Open 7 days a week in the spring, summer and autumn, 6 days a week during the winter. Adult and child mountain, tandem and touring bikes available.
Wild Adventures Jersey
Cycling tours, bush craft experts, kayaking, rock climbing, abseiling. Booking essential.
Jersey Cycle Tours
Old German Tunnels, St Aubin
Tel: 01534 746780
Jersey CycleTours will help you explore 350 miles of roads, byways and lanes on this 9 x 5 mile island. Professional, friendly staff are on hand to help you with your choice of hybrid bikes, tandems, tag a longs and baby carriages. Competitive prices include accessories and helmets etc. Phone or email for bookings and information.
Town Cycle Network
A newly developed Town Cycle Network now links into the existing 96 mile way marked routes. A series of radial routes using Liberation Square as the starting point or 'hub' have been installed. The routes are suitable for novice riders who may not be confident in traffic and who require a safe and clearly visible route to the edge of town.
Town Cycle Network
- Check your bike before cycling. Are the brakes in working order? is the saddle the correct height? Is a bell fitted and working? Is there a bicycle lock?
- If you are going to cycle at night, are the lights working?
- You must obey the Road Traffic Law at all times. Concentrate, try to anticipate what is going to happen ahead of you and think safety. Do not take risks.
- Do not jump red lights.
- Stop at yellow lines.
- Do not ride on pavements.
- Children must wear a helmet and adults are advised to wear one.
- Keep to speed limits, particularly on cycle tracks which are used by walkers.
- Do not cycle on the beach, particularly if you have hired a bike. The sea and sand can damage your bicycle and you will lose your deposit if you do not comply.
- Always lock your bike (or lose it!)
- Where possible use cycle parking.
- When overtaking another cyclist always ring your bell, check behind you and signal.
- If you have a mechanical problem, pull clear of the traffic before attending to it.
- Always signal your intentions well in advance of turning, overtaking, slowing down or stopping.
You may also like
Jersey is among the world's top kayaking destinations, with a wealth of expeditions offering an experience for everyone.
Jersey's variety of terrains, beaches and paths makes the island a walking paradise.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding
The fast-growing sport of stand up paddle boarding (SUP) is a fun, easy way to go play on the water.